Wednesday, September 1, 2010

EDU 330 - Day 1, Wheelock College, Singapore

Indeed, through the card activity that we did in class today I realized the connection between Math and Language, which was recognizing number words in this case. The three activities which were done in class today were a proof that Math is not merely about numbers or figures. It involves some critical elements in life, which is necessary for basic survival skills; thinking skill, and at times it would bring you to a higher level, metacognition, negotiation skill, and of course communication skill as well. In summary, I would define Mathematic as a vehicle that enables students to transform problems into skills. 

On my way home, some of the past memory were flashing in my mind:


  • how I wish my Math teacher back in school could show me some of the 'Mathematical-Magic', and make me fall in love with the subject....
  • how I wish back then, my dad did not punish me, when I scored 5 upon 10 for my Math Test...
  • how I wish I could understand fully most of the formulas, that I used to struggle in memorizing for my Math Exam...(things would be so much easier, when I memorize things with understanding)






No comments:

Post a Comment